Magnussen Home, a recognized global leader in the home furnishings industry is presently seeking an individual to join our IT Business Systems team. Established in 1931, Magnussen Home designs, imports, and distributes occasional tables, bedroom, dining, upholstery and home office and home entertainment systems across all style categories for retailers around the world. With more than 30 years of experience in offshore sourcing, the company enjoys an excellent reputation for quality control, customer service, workmanship, finishing and timely delivery.
As an ERP Analyst Developer, you will be part of a dynamic team working in a hybrid office model based out of our new Waterloo office (Fall 2022). You will a key contributor on the IT Business Systems team providing development and support of automation critical to the global (Canada / US/ Vietnam) business processes of the company. The ideal candidate will bring prior hands-on functional and development experience on the MS Dynamics AX platform (AX2009 / AX2012) and its MS SQL backend. Exposure to EDI integration is preferred. This role entails the support and development of Dynamics AX through applied expertise in programming, integrations and data analytics. The right person will have an eye for detail and be looking for lasting career growth.
The successful candidate will be a person who takes pride in seeing his/her efforts applied to the daily operations of the business. You will bring an appetite and aptitude to learn Magnussen’s unique business processes and the IT that enables them. As you progress in this role you can look forward to being an influencer in the planning and implementation of the next generation ERP solution that will set the foundation for Magnussen Home’s next chapter of growth.
ERP Analyst Developer
Reporting to ERP Application Manager.
SPECIFIC REPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Follow and promote best practices in coding, testing and analyzing in AX and .NET throughout the production life cycle.
- Be responsible for the design and development of custom Microsoft Dynamics AX functionality, BI cube/report, interfaces and/or reports using AX IDE, MorphX, X++, .NET, SSIS and SSRS.
- Provide technical support for AX, BI feeds, EDI.
- Respond to support tickets for users across the globe.
- Provide technical documentation about the business applications that you develop and/or maintain.
- Communicate and co-operate with internal as well as external partner(s) regarding systems integration and problem solving.
- Participate in creating and updating documentation regarding business applications, frequently asked questions, knowledge base content, systems setup and systems maintenance.
- Are open to participate in other development activities, such as Web development or .NET application development as member of a broader development team within Magnussen IT.
- Proven experience customizing Microsoft Dynamics AX, 2 – 5 years’ experience in AX development.
- Experience with BI report development such as Power BI is a plus.
- Knowledge in Microsoft technologies and vertical oriented programming including .NET, C#, X++
- Experience in MS SQL Server including backup, restore, troubleshooting SQL issues.
- Experience with B2B integrations, EDI is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Great communication skills
- Experience working with collaborative teams
- Salary commensurate with experience.
If you have excellent organizational, interpersonal skills and you are seeking new challenges with a company committed to its core values of trust, honesty, and respect for its customers and employees, we invite you to apply by way of sending your resume & cover letter to ERP Analyst Developer - Waterloo, ON - Indeed.com
. Magnussen offers a competitive salary, benefits, profit sharing, the ability to work hybrid when we go back to the office and has a reputation for being a great place to work.
We thank all candidates for applying however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you require accommodation to participate in recruitment process, please notify us when contacted for an interview.